PCE is recruiting a Communication Officer for the Communication activities of the association, including institutional and project-related communication.
The Communication Officer will work part-time and at a distance, in close cooperation with PCE Secretariat.
PCE will provide guidance and support, although the position is independent, and consequently, the Communication Officer can organise the work as preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to increasing PCE’s visibility to raise awareness of Pancreatic Cancer at the European level.
– To create communication content, according to the association activities, in connection with the Secretariat and the project coordinators;
– To take care of the day-to-day social media management, including scheduling content;
– To update website contents;
– To draft PCE newsletters;
– To report to the Secretariat any specific communication issue that should arise, with suggestions for its overcome.
All tasks will be conducted in close cooperation with the PCE Secretariat.
Education and skills
– Education in Communication, preferably with experience in health issues;
– Ability to plan the workload and estimate timelines accurately, to meet tight deadlines;
– Knowledge of the major social media (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook);
– Knowledge of relevant graphic and communication tools (e.g. Canva, Hootsuite).
– Proactive approach, collegiality, readiness to offer a helping hand in various tasks, sociable mature personality able to relate with peers and high-level officials;
– Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments;
– Willingness and availability to work remotely to undertake business travel;
– Ability to work in an international and multilingual environment.
– Outstanding written and verbal skills in English (English fluency is mandatory) and attention to detail and numeracy;
– Experience in delivering oral presentations to small and large professional audiences;
– Communication experience in the non-profit sector is required;
– Experience in oncology-related projects is desirable;
– Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential;
– Relevant prior professional experience in a similar position is desirable;
– Experience in preparing documents, such as reports and graphs, and creating and using visual tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a part-time position on a freelance basis until 30 June 2023. A trial period of one month is included. The honorarium is €4.000.
There will be the possibility of prolonging the position.
The position is suitable for young professionals aiming to build communication expertise in cancer and health care.
Own initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter of one page maximum, in English, to contact@
The cover letter should outline the suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how the profile matches the job requirements described above. Please also include with the application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for an interview.
All applications received will be considered and treated with the utmost confidentiality.
STARTING DATE: as soon as possible and ideally 1 February 2023