PCE is recruiting a Junior Data Manager to implement and manage the PancreOs database on registries data, using the platform RedCap.
PancreOS is a long-term project aiming at establishing a European platform of stakeholders working on the creation of a network of European Registries on pancreatic cancer.
The platform will contain clinical and epidemiological information, and will allow coordinating and connect the existing pancreatic cancer registries for a homogeneous collection and sharing of data, and an effective communication on the topic. The Junior Data Manager will be working part-time with the various registries joining the project, in cooperation with the Project Manager and Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the creation of an important instrument to fight Pancreatic Cancer at European level.
The incumbent will be involved, among others, in the following activities:
– To create the database for gathering the data from the participating registries on pancreatic cancer, using the RedCap platform;
– To inform the registries on the use of the database;
– To support the registries representatives in the data entry on the platform;
– To monitor the data collection, preparing periodic reports for the Project Manager and Officer, which will contribute to the day-to-day project administration;
– To work closely with the PCE Board of Directors and Secretariat to ensure an efficient project implementation;
– To contribute to the compiling, reviewing, and editing project technical progress reports and annual work plans.
Education and skills
– Education in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) preferably with experience in oncology, clinical trials, health systems, while a working experience in project management is desirable;
– Ability to plan workload and estimate timelines accurately, to meet tight deadlines;
– Knowledge of the European registries system, oncology, health systems and cancer care system is desirable.
– Proactive approach, collegiality, readiness to offer a helping hand in various tasks, sociable mature personality able to relate with peers and high-level officials;
– Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments;
– Willingness and availability to work from remote, to undertake business travel at short notice, if needed;
– Ability to work in an international and multilingual environment.
– Outstanding written and verbal skills in English (English fluency is mandatory) and attention to detail and numeracy;
– Experience in delivering oral presentations to small and large professional audiences;
– Good use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) in health care for the dissemination of the project results is required.
– Database management experience is required; RedCap knowledge is desirable;
– Experience in oncology related projects is desirable;
– Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential;
– Relevant prior professional experience in a similar position is desirable;
– Experience in preparing documents, such as reports and graphs, and in creating and using visuals tools.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a part-time position on a free-lance basis for a six months’ period. The honorarium is €5.000. In the first 3 months we envisage a more intense workload, due to the creation of the
data base, while in the following 3 months the workload will reduce. There will be the possibility to prolong the position for additional six months. The position is suitable for young professionals aiming to build vertical expertise on many and varied aspects of cancer and health care in the policy area. We offer a captivating function with an organisation driven by its mission, and where initiative, creativity, and energy are strongly encouraged.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a cover letter of maximum two pages, in English, to contact@
STARTING DATE: January 2023