On Wednesday, October 10th of 2018, the Digestive Health Group of the European Parliament organised, together with Pancreatic Cancer Europe (PCE) and United European Gastroenterology (UEG), the event “Putting pancreatic cancer on the map – what we have and what we need”. Hosted by MEP Pavel Poc, the event gathered key actors and decision-makers to exchange on pancreatic cancer and the inequalities in related healthcare across Europe and inside countries. We were honoured by the participation of MEP Pavel Poc as well as MEPs Marian-Jean Marinescu and Lieve Wierinck, who both gave insightful speeches.
Several experts also took their turn to give compelling keynotes:
- Lydia Makaroff, European Cancer Patients Coalition (ECPC), board member of PCE
- Pr. Matthias Löhr, Public Affairs Committee in UEG
- Alison Stunt, Pancreatic Cancer Action UK and board member of PCE
- Pr. Miroslav Ryska, Charles University and Central Military Hospital, Prague
- Mariella de Bausset, Secretary General of the Foundation A.R.CA.D
You can find the extended press release here.
You can find the minutes of the event here.