To mark World Pancreatic Cancer Day 2016, Pancreatic Cancer Europe organised an awareness event in the European Parliament, hosted by Mr Pavel Poc MEP, under the auspices of the Slovak Presidency in the Council of the European Union.
Moderated by Jonathan Dimbleby, the event gathered key speakers:
- RNDr. Pavel Poc, Member of the European Parliament, Vice-chair of the ENVI Committee of the European Parliament and Vice-chair of the MEPs Against Cancer (MAC) group
- Ali Stunt, CEO and founder of Pancreatic Cancer Action, and founding board member of PCE
- Prof Alfredo Carrato, Professor & Director, Medical Oncology Department, Ramon y Cajal University Hospital, Alcala University, Madrid, Spain
- Prof Matthias Löhr, Karolinska Institutet / UEG
- Prof. Stanislav Špánik, Secretary of State of the Slovak Health Ministry
All Pancreatic Cancer Europe members would like to thank Mr Pavel Poc MEP and the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the EU for this great event and their contribution to raising awareness of pancreatic cancer in Europe.
The detailed minutes of the event will be available soon.